This practice area focuses on all forms of commercial finance and litigation, from complex contract disputes to commercial collection actions, as well as creditors’ rights and secured financing.
AREAS OF SERVICE
- Complex contract disputes
- “Business divorce” cases
- Intra-corporate disputes
- Shareholder derivative actions
- Commercial collection actions
- Commercial loan and credit restructuring
- Obtaining and collection of deficiency judgments
- Recovery and disposition of collateral and leased property
- Obtaining relief from the automatic stay in bankruptcy
Litigation of bankruptcy adversary proceedings
- Defense of preference actions
- Objections to discharge/dischargeability
- Protection and enforcement of Uniform Commercial Code security interests
- Litigation involving equipment leasing transactions.
Franklin & Prokopik represents businesses of all sizes – as well as their owners, directors, officers, and employees – in all forms of commercial litigation. Our attorneys are also experienced in the creation, protection and enforcement of Uniform Commercial Code security interests.
The firm has attorneys licensed in state, federal and bankruptcy courts in Maryland, Virginia, and Delaware. Our attorneys also regularly appear through local counsel in other jurisdictions.